Guitar Recording!



It has been a long time I haven't played guitar.  There are a lot of things to do in Bandung, while my lovely guitar is in Tangerang. You know what is really burdening people who love to play music? Sometimes, people don't really see any purpose of playing music. It is very though to be a musician, you better leave everything behind or you will never be famous. Are they underestimating? No, they are not. It is the reality! There are a lot of street musician who play music better than me, or even play better than some famous artists. But unfortunately, they haven't even had their own house in their 30s or 40s. People should be very outstanding from the crowd just to be famous, not to mention the luck factor beside the hard work itself.

Indeed, it is the pessimistic view of the society. But that is not the point of view from the musician itself. I hope some other people have the same view of me, sometimes I play guitar just because I love it, and simply because I miss it. The smell of the wood, the ability to express my mood from how I play the song, how to get new techniques so I can have a new way to express that feeling itself. I don't need crowd to simply happy with that. I need my guitar.

That song in the video is a traditional Christian song from Bataknese tribe. It is a simple prayer that parents teach to their child. But You must see the lyric to know how deep the song is. The song is called "Met met Au on". Let me tell you the lyric:

"met met au on, baen ias rohangkon. Sasado ho Jesus donganku tongtong"

In English
"I am a small kid, make my heart clean. You are the only one Jesus my friend forever"

"Met met au on (I'm a small kid)" Showing how small/insignificant we are to this big world and to all what God have created. It shows humbleness we should have as a child.

"Baen ias rohangkon (make my heart clean)" It is a powerful wish, to keep the heart as pure as a child. Nothing to worry, nothing to be greedy about, and just believe that things always be alright.

"Sasado ho Jesus donganku tongtong (You are the only one Jesus my friend forever)" This is the one a kid really need, faithful friend. The kid ask the Jesus to be friend with Him forever. It is the cute part of the song, since it contains hope that we never be alone.

That is a deep song that can be well expressed by the music itself.

That is why I like to play with my lovely guitar, alone. And I miss it.

Do you love this post? Thank you! I feel appreciated. This post is under the category of Art and Travel,  you may love to see other similar posts HERE




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Invasion Profile: Transition Zone

Mud Invasion Profile

Count Your Blessings: Rainy Season is Coming, Things are Getting Better